When people see me working out, they always say what are you training for. I quickly yell "life." Well while training today I thought to myself "Geez, I need a stretch partner."
Then I thought to myself "I need one for life also."
Why for life?
Well first let’s start with what a stretch partner really is. The fitness definition is someone that assists another with their flexibility. My definition of a stretch partner is someone who stretches one beyond their limits.
I think we all need a stretch partner.
- Someone that stretches us past our comfort zones
What street do you live on?
- Complacency circle:Most people turn into this neighborhood even though signs read "Dead End". One way in and one way out. Most people never leave. Too comfortable!
- Mediocre Blvd- They have the illusion of being good with just enough. Not a risk taker. They dream small and compare themselves to others. Content with a little. Would love to relocate but believe that it takes to much work. Out of their league and not in their DNA.
- Uncomfortable Road- Small neighborhood where the people here rarely sleep. Lights are never...
Sometimes we want to skip and bypass the process and jump to the end result. Majority of the time we have to go through the trenches, the heartache, the pain to get to the glory. Often times people say:
- I want a bigger house
- I want a raise
- I want my own business
- I want my kids to be adults
- It’s too hard, I have asthma.
- I’m just big boned.
- I can’t eat that all the time (lean meats).
- No one in my family graduated. Why should I?
- My parents were overweight.
- I have kids.
- Oh that guy made it cause his parents had money.
- I can’t save money cause I don’t make enough.
Here in the last couple of weeks I have been to a few funerals as well as mourned the loss of close friends and family. I cannot help but to reflect and reminisce on past times of laughter and gatherings that we have shared.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.