To that I say kids learn and acquire priceless tools while playing sports.
Some of them include:
- An appreciation for a healthy lifestyle, and an understanding of fitness
- Developing a positive self concept by mastering the sports skills
- Learning how to work as part of a team Developing social skills with other children and adults
- Learn how to manage success and disappointment
- Learn that their choices will produce results, whether good or bad.
- Learn to play fair and be a good sport
- Learn respect for others Learn how to face challenges
- Learn how to follow rules
These are a few of the basic values kids learn through sports so why not educate them about Christ as well? No cheating 2 Timothy 2:5 Similarly, if anyone competes as an athlete, he does not receive the victor’s crown unless he competes according to the rules. (NIV)